Download Complete Winemaker Notes
Schloss Reinhartshausen (Reinhartshausen Castle, pronounced “Rhine-hearts-how-sen”) has been identified with production of rare and majestic German Rieslings since 1337. Across the centuries, this magnificent estate on the banks of the Rhine has played a central role in the Rheingau district’s reputation as a source of some of the world’s most transcendent white wines. Admired for their richness and depth, these full-bodied, opulent wines are sometimes referred to as the Kings of German Riesling.
Schloss Reinhartshausen embraces 15 separate vineyard sites located in the vicinity of the townships of Erbach and Hattenheim. These include a significant portion of the legendary Grand Cru Erbacher Marcobrunn vineyard, as well as the neighboring Erbacher Schlossberg site in its 15-acre entirety. With a combined total of 203 acres planted to vine, Schloss Reinhartshausen is the largest privately owned wine estate in the Rheingau and is a member of the VDP (Verband Deutscher Qualitäts- und Prädikatsweingüter).