Download Complete Winemaker Notes

Roman Pfaffl has stood at the helm of his family’s acclaimed Austrian wine estate for over 30 years. During this time Roman, together with his wife and children, has focused on crafting impeccable wines that reflect authentic Austrian terroir through their depth, minerality and balance. The family’s dedication to quality has earned Weingut R&A Pfaffl a reputation as the leading winery in Weinviertel, Austria’s largest and best-known wine region. The estate produces fine wines from 75 hectares of vineyards in 10 villages throughout the Weinviertel.

Production Area
Country: Austria
Region: Niederösterreich
Designation: Qualitätswein dry

Grape Varieties
100% Zweigelt

Vinification
The grapes have been destemed and squeezed and must was fermented at 28 C for 26 days in stainless steel tanks with pumping over. Storage has been divided, 30% have been stored in used Barriques the other 70% in stainless steel tanks. After 6 months of storage it was bottled in Burgundybottles.

Color
Deep ruby red.

Bouquet
Fully ripe, black cherry on the nose.

Taste
Juicy, full, round fruit and spice on the palate with gentle tannins and a compact, round body.

Alcohol
12.5%

 

Back To Pfaffl

©2017 Esprit Du Vin | Email: contact@edvwines.com | Terms & Conditions | Site Map | Employees
%>