Download Complete Winemaker Notes

Jean-Claude Mas has blazed the trail for premium winemaking in the Languedoc region of the South of France. Since taking the helm of the centuries old Domaines Paul Mas in 2000, his driving mission has been to use only premium quality grapes to craft superior wines with a modern, New World flair. Above all else, this innovative, fourth-generation vintner strives to make wines with authenticity and refinement, the end result of which is a family of magnificently charming wines that burst with personality and express their unique terroir. The Paul Mas varietal range of single vineyard wines is made with the highest quality grapes cultivated on vineyards in the Domaines de Nicole and Château du Conas estates.

Production Area
Coteaux du Languedoc Grand Vin de Pezenas

Grape Varieties
55% Syrah, 45% Grenache

Vinification
The Clos du Moulinas vineyard is planted on clay and limestone with fossilized seashell rocks. The climate is Mediterranean with oceanic influences. The vineyard is located between 80m and 110m above sea level. The Syrah plants are between 29 and 49 year-old, the Grenache are over 50 years. All the grape varietals are destemmed, with separate vinification for each grape variety. The fermentation lasts between 4 and 7 days at 79°F maximum in small temperature controlled stainless steel vats and new, epoxy lined cement vats. Alcoholic fermentation is followed with traditional week long maceration. 40% of the blend has done its malolactic fermentation in oak barrels, and was then aged for 12 months in barrels. The remaining 60% was put in oak barrels after the malolactic fermentation. The ageing is done in French oak barrels (Seguin Moreau, François frères) and American oak barrels (Seguin Moreau).

Color
Deep ruby color.

Bouquet
Intense nose with notes of ripe black fruits, olives combined with a touch of spice(liquorice, vanilla) and oak.

Taste
Well-balanced palate with soft with ripe tannins, this wine offers layers of ripe black and ref fruits combined with warm spices.

Alcohol
14.5%

 

Back To Château Paul Mas

©2017 Esprit Du Vin | Email: contact@edvwines.com | Terms & Conditions | Site Map | Employees
%>